WhatsApp has rolled out a new shopping button on the platform for business accounts, facilitating its users to directly open the catalogue of products and start shopping within the app. The Facebook-owned company states that the new feature will make it easier for businesses to have their products discovered easily.
The COVID-19 outbreak has made clear that business organizations need efficient ways to provide services to their customers, said the company.
According to the company, over 175 million people message a WhatsApp Business account every day.
The new shopping button would replace the voice call button on business accounts.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp also launched its Payments service in India last week. The payments service is based on UPI, allowing for direct bank transfer payments from WhatsApp itself.
How to use the shopping button:
• Go to any business account such as of a local bakery or a local seller on WhatsApp.
• In case the seller has uploaded a catalogue to his business account, users will be able to view a store shop symbol right next to the account name.
• Now, tap on the symbol and the catalogue will open, which will show the availability of products.
• Users can browse on the catalogue and see images of each product.
• If you like an item, tap on the ‘Message Business’ button in order to raise a query about that particular product.