Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has surpassed its rivals, including Reliance Jio, Vodafone Idea, and BSNL, in four out of seven key quality metrics such as gaming experience, download speed, and video/voice experience, according to tests by a London-based network analytics firm OpenSignal.
However, Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio has retained its grip on 4G availability and 4G coverage experience, while ownership of the “Upload Speed Experience” award has smoothly passed to Vodafone Idea (Vi).
Here are the major highlights:
• In the first operator-level analysis of how users in India experience mobile games while playing over cellular networks, Airtel has come out on top.
• With a score of 3.5 Mbps, Vi has won the Upload Speed Experience award beating Airtel.
• Although Jio has kept hold of both 4G availability and 4G coverage, Airtel has continued to chip away at its dominance on both measures of the mobile experience.
• In terms of video experience, Airtel was the only operator to place in the Good (55-65) category.
• Airtel also had the best voice app experience with a score of 75.5 out of 100 followed by Vi (74.4).
• Bharti Airtel has retained the top spot on download speed for the sixth report in a row with a score of 10.4 Mbps followed by Vi (10.1 Mbps) and Jio (6.9 Mbps).
• Although all telecom operators showed modest declines in their Video Experience possibly due to the ongoing crisis triggered by COVID-19, Airtel gave the best 4G and 3G video experience.
It should be mentioned here that the report examined the mobile network experience of the four main mobile network operators in India: Jio, Airtel, BSNL, and Vi, over a period of 90 days beginning May 1.