Instagram is a leading and one of the most popular social media apps that allows it’s users to share images and videos with people worldwide . You can also follow and observe other creators on Instagram . The portal also allows one to advertise. Instagram takes out operations like showing a user feeds that are based on what he / she follows. There is also an explore section where a user can see posts related to their current searches , people they follow , and posts liked.
Instagram let’s you erase your search history which is what turns out to contribute the type of posts you will see in your explore section.
Following are the step by step instructions that will guide you to change or reset your Explore page on Instagram –
- Open the Instagram application on your IOS or android.
- On the bottom right , tap on your profile icon.
- Click on the burger menu icon which is on the top right.
- Tap on the Settings option that you will find at the bottom.
- Afterwards, tap on Security.
- Click on the Search History option , under Data and History.
- You will find your recent searches here and a Clear All option next to it ( It will be Clear Search History on IOS) Click on Clear all.
- You will then get an automated message of asking if you want to clear your search history, click on Clear All.
- Your search history shall be cleared and the explore section will be reset.
The prompt will state that the action can not be reversed and you may still see the accounts that were previously searched for as suggestions.
You can manually adjust your explore page by independently selecting the posts that you are not interested in.
- Open the Instagram application on your android or IOS .
- In the bottom row , click on the magnifying glass search icon.
- Select a post that doesn’t interest you.
- Click on the three – dot menu icon of the said post.
- Click on Not Interested and the post will be pulled out from the feed.